Craft Brewery Tour Christchurch Stag Day and Night Ideas
It’s no secret that craft beer is the golden nectar of the Gods. What has remained a mystery is how these experimental fruit infusions are brought to life – until now. Wicked Bucks can take you behind-the-scenes of New Zealand’s best froths. So fire up the group chat and get the boys amped for a Craft Brewery Tour in Christchurch. Craft beer is booming across the world and local breweries are becoming a hot-spot for dudes wanting to wet their whistle on a tasting paddle every weekend. While the number of breweries continues to increase, finding a venue worth the hype can be more challenging. Wicked Bucks has done the hard yards (aka. Sipped our way around the country) and we reckon that Christchurch is one of the best places in New Zealand to sink fruity fusions or hybrid flavours with your mates.
We didn’t stop there though. After travelling far and wide, we’ve rounded up the best of the best and we’re ready to serve it up to you and the boys. This craft brewery tour will take you to a range of different venues, where you can try beer styles that you’ve never tried or even heard of before. The top-notch selection of flavours also includes a number of seasonal beers that aren’t even for sale on the retail market. We won’t just fill you up with beer and let you roll yourselves home either. These open-cellar-door style joints will teach you how the beer is brewed, the subtle differences between each concoction and provide you with a whole new appreciation for the effort that goes into your favourite golden nectars. These inviting and casual spaces also serve up an aromatic menu of dude food, so that you don’t hit the deck too early in the day.
5 Reasons to do a Craft Brewery Tour in Christchurch
- The tucked away breweries are equal parts spacious and cosy, making them the perfect spaces for a laid-back and intimate experience with the boys. You’ll probably try and blame it on the number of beers consumed, but by the end of the day you’ll be hugging and professing your love for each other.
- No Buck’s Party is complete without a solid session on the beers with the boys. A brewery tour means you can sink as many brews as you please, without having to worry about a designated driver, exxy uber fare or complicated public transport system. Sound like an excuse to drink more? We thought so too.
- So you’re away with the boys and you’re keen to get on the drinks, but you feel like you should be exploring the new region? A craft brewery tour rolls all of that into one, allowing you to soak in the surrounding environment, while hopping between the all the local breweries. It’s a win-win.
- Christchurch’s local brewers are more passionate about their work than your Missus is about watching The Bachelor. Overflowing with pride and and expertise, you’ll leave this tour with a new found appreciation for your Friday arvo drinks.
- New Zealand may be known as the international capital of good wine, but the craft brew scene is the silent achiever of the country. The beers are so good that your biggest struggle will be knowing when to stop.
Making the most of your Bucks Craft Brewery Tour in Christchurch
Christchurch was pretty much wiped off the map in 2011, when an earthquake ripped the city apart. The 6.3 magnitude natural disaster destroyed much of the CBD, demolishing many homes, buildings and landmarks. But with a blank canvas, the city quickly rebuilt itself, coming back bigger and better than ever. The reconstruction saw a seemingly endless number of epic nightlife venues introduced to the city. The world-class dining options include everything from fine-dining to hearty home style cooking and international cuisines. This extraordinary renewal also increased the number of clubs, pubs and bars, meaning you can find a lively party almost every night of the week.
The once quiet town is now a place where you can strut your stuff, get low and shake what your Mumma gave you until the early hours of the morning. True to the country’s traditional reputation, there is also an abundance of breath-taking natural landscapes in the surrounding area. The rolling hills, pristine rivers and open green spaces are so picturesque, you’ll feel like you’re looking at a postcard. Sound like it’s up your alley? Of course, it does! Pack your bags, round up the boys and get ready for the experience of a lifetime. Christchurch is the ultimate way to give your buddy the send-off he deserves.