Foot Golf Taupo Stag Party Ideas
Toe-poke your putts, avoid the trees and (try to) ignore your mates as they take the piss out of your aim. Foot Golf is the ultimate combo of soccer and golf. It’s a brand new sport and it’s just about to take off. Don’t miss out on the fun! Imagine that your mate is standing 20 metres from you. You could kick the soccer ball to them, right? But now that’s not your friend. It’s a flag. And this isn’t soccer. It’s Foot Golf. The rules are practically the same as gold.
Aim the ball and get it in the hole in as few shots as possible. But with a size-five football at your feet and your sniggering mates at your back, you might question your own athleticism. It may be tougher than it looks but you know what they say – no pain, no gain? A full round of 18 holes will probably take just under an hour and a half. Unless you really suck and you’re distracted by the salty tears of shame running down your face. Then it could take a whole lot longer.
Top 5 Reasons to do Foot Golf in Taupo
- It’s basically golf without all of the bad bits. You don’t need all the fancy clubs, a showy polo shirt and an ass-wiggle to boot. Just rock up in your running shoes, we’ll chuck a ball your way and you’ll be good to hit the greens.
- Is there any better way to bond than to spend a day laughing at the expense of the Bachelor? He may think he’s got his whole life sorted – the Missus, the wedding, the job and all that. Foot golf is the perfect way to bring him back down to earth.
- It’s okay if you suck at the game. Most people do when they first start.
- Foot golf is a relatively new sport and it’s only just starting to be taken seriously. You might discover Foot golf is your life calling and you’ll be one of the first to hit up the growing internationally organized tournaments.
- The winner is the one who puts the ball in the hole in the least number of shots. This could be your only chance to boast about your low count?
Making the most of Foot Golf in Taupo
Taupo should probably be renamed to “New Zealand’s Most Instagrammable Town” The lake-side destination is the ultimate destination for anyone looking to explore the country’s natural landscape. The famous Tonagriro crossing, the active volcano Mount Ruapehu, and the Maori Rock Carvings of Lake Taupo are all just a short jaunt from the city. Taupo is also home to an abundance of adrenaline-fuelled activities.
The nearby bungy site is the highest water touch jump in the country and is sure to give you that thrill-injection you’re looking for! Whether it’s a day of golf, a go-karting race, a boat cruise or an afternoon spent exploring the hundreds of kilometres of mountain biking trails – Taupo is sure to have something for everyone. Before you pack your bags and round up the lads, let Wicked Bucks take the reins. We’ll take all the hard work out of planning the ultimate Bachelor Party.